- HD & Interactive TV
- How to
- How can I connect my USB storage device to the HD Box using Media Centre?
How can I connect my USB storage device to the HD Box using Media Centre?
If you have Netbox or iBox:
Before connecting your USB storage device to the Melita HD box, first you need to confirm if the USB storage device stores files using the FAT32 method. Here’s how:
1. Connect your USB storage device to your computer. Most hard drives connect with a USB or FireWire cable. Your USB hard drive may also need to connect to a power outlet.
2. Go to “Start” and “Computer”. Under “Hard Disk Drives”, right-click on the name of your USB hard drive.
3. Click on “Properties”.
4. Look next to “File system”; Windows will indicate whether the drive is NTFS or FAT32.
After confirming the above, proceed by following the below instructions:
1. Connect your USB storage device to the Melita HD Box.
2. The below message will be displayed at the bottom of your screen, indicating that your USB storage device is being detected.
3. Dial channel number 999 on the Melita HD remote control and the Media Centre page will appear.
4. Press OK on the name of your USB storage device to access and browse through your desired files.
5. Once you’re done, please be sure to exit the Media Centre before unplugging your USB storage device from the Melita HD Box.
If you have Digibox HD:
Media Management is an option used to manage USB devices connected to the STB.
If no USB device is connected to the STB as soon as an option is selected a message stating ‘No USB device is connected’ is displayed
However if a USB device is connected it is important that it is formatted as FAT32 so that it will be recognized, or else the STB will prompt the user to format the USB device. It is important for the user to be notified that if he accept to format the USB device, all the data that is saved on the USB device will be deleted.
The SMT SD box only support video formats that are encoded as MPEG 2.
When you access Media Management, you have three options
1. Media List: this option enables you to view the USB device and access the data.
2. Media Control: this option enables the user to format the USB device.
3. Disk Information: this option enables the user to view information about the USB device such as disk usage.
Still need help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Ask them now