Why can I see a picture but I’m not hearing any sound?
Are you not getting any sound on one particular channel or on all channels? To fix this, please follow the instructions below:
If you have Netbox or iBox:
If you’re getting no sound on one particular channel:
1. If you are subscribed to an additional Melita television outlet, identify the channel and check whether the problem is the same on both outlets.
2. If the channel has no sound on both outlets, this could mean that there is a general problem on that particular channel.
3. If the channel has no sound on just one outlet or you have no additional Melita television outlets to check from, reboot the Melita Netbox/iBox HD by pressing the power button on the Melita HD remote control.
If you’re getting no sound on all channels:
1. Confirm that the volume bar on your television screen is not marked red. If so, this means that the volume is set to Mute. To un-mute, get the Melita HD remote control and press the Volume Up button.
2. Repeat step one using your television set remote control.
3. Confirm that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both ends.
4. If the only source of audio output are the speakers of your television set:
- Press the Menu button from the Melita HD remote control.
- Press OK on Setup and diagnostics.
- Go to Audio and Video Setup and press OK on HDMI Audio Output.
- Press OK on Always on HDMI audio.
5. If you have a separate sound system, confirm that the sound system is turned on and that the cable between the Melita HD Box and the surround system is connected properly.
6. If your television set is connected to a separate sound system, check that the TV sound settings are configured to send audio out through the correct audio port.
If you have Digibox:
Are you not getting any sound on all channels? To fix this, please follow the instructions below:
1. Check if you have pressed the MUTE button from both TV and STB.
2. If you are connected with Phonos Cable between the STB and the TV, check that the Phonos cable is connected properly.
3. Switch OFF and ON the STB.
Still need help? Check our Community Forum.