Why can I see a picture but I’m not hearing any sound on Digital TV?
If you have the silver box:
Are you not getting any sound on one particular channel or on all channels? To fix this, please follow the instructions below:
- Confirm that the Volume bar on your television screen is not marked red. If so, this means that the volume is set to Mute. To un-mute, get the Melita Digital remote control and press the Mute or the Volume Up button.
- Repeat step one using your television set remote control.
- Confirm that the SCART cable is securely connected to both ends.
- Reboot the Melita Digital Set-Top box.
- Test using a different SCART cable.
- If the connection between the Melita Digital Set-Top box and your television set is through a coaxial cable, re-tune your television set.
No sound on one particular channel only:
If you are subscribed to an additional Melita Digital Set-Top box, identify the channel and check whether the problem is the same on both outlets.
- If the problem is occurring on both outlets, it could mean that there are technical faults on that particular channel.
- If on another Melita Digital Set-Top box you are able to hear sound on the respective channel or you have no additional outlets to check from, reboot the Melita Digital Set-Top box.
Still need help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Ask them now