I forgot my PIN number. How can I retrieve it?
If you have Netbox or iBox:
If you forgot your PIN code, you would need to factory reset the Melita HD box settings and create a new PIN code. Kindly follow the instructions below:
Warning! All recording schedules and any custom settings will be reset.
1. Press the Menu button from the Melita HD remote control.
2. Press OK on Setup and diagnostics.
3. Go to Information & diagnostics and press OK on Reset.
4. Press OK on Reset settings.
5. Press OK to validate reset.
At this stage, the Melita HD Box will shut down automatically. The reset process takes approximately 2 minutes. During this process, kindly do not press any keys from the Melita HD remote control as this will potentially get the process stuck.
Once the reset process is complete, the initial start-up interface will prompt you to press OK to begin. Once this step is complete, proceed by following these few simple steps:
Melita HD Box setup process:
1. Select between Widescreen TV and Standard TV by pressing the OK button on the desired option.
2. Enter a new PIN code, confirm the code and proceed by pressing OK.
3. Select the youth signage and press OK.
4. In this step, confirm that the @ sign is coloured green. This indicates the physical connectivity between the modem and your Melita Netbox is fine. Press OK on Next step.
5. Press OK to perform Cable Manual Tuning.
6. Press OK on Use NIT.
7. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and press OK.
8. Congratulations! Your Melita Netbox is ready for use. Press OK to proceed.
Melita Netbox subscribers can also reset the Melita Netbox by pressing and holding the Reset button for at least 10 seconds. The image on the right indicates the location for the Reset button on the Melita Netbox.
Melita iBox subscribers can also reset the Melita iBox by pressing and holding the Reset button for at least 5 seconds. The image on the left indicates the location for the Reset button on the Melita iBox.
If the reset is done using this method, you would need to pair your remote control before proceeding to the initial set-up interface. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the number indicated on the screen. This would be shown in bold between two inverted commas. If you have an IR remote control, skip steps 1 to 4 and just press OK to begin setup.
- If nothing happens, then press 1 and 7 simultaneously for 5 seconds and upon release, press the bold number straight away.
- Press the same number again to confirm the pairing process.
- Great! Your remote control is now paired with your Melita Netbox.
- Press OK to begin setup.
- Proceed by following steps 1 to 8 under Melita HD Box setup process above.
If you have Digibox HD:
If you want to change the parental PIN code you need to:
- Go to Menu and select System Setup
- Select Parental Lock
- Enter the current PIN code (the default PIN is 0000)
- To change the channel lock PIN code, go to New Chan Password and enter the new PIN Code
- Other options include New Menu Password, enable/disable the Menu Lock and Channel Lock.
How to & TV box features
Still have a question? Our community has answers and solutions. Check our Community Forum.