‘Your HDD is being checked’
This note can be displayed on the Melita HD Netbox. Kindly wait a few minutes until your hard disk drive is ready for use. If after 10 minutes the note is still being displayed, kindly follow the instructions below:
1. Reboot the Melita HD Netbox by pressing the power button on the Melita HD remote control.
2. If the note is still being displayed even after a reboot, perform a factory reset. Here’s how:
Warning! All recording schedules and any custom settings will be reset.
- Press the Menu button from the Melita HD remote control.
- Press OK on Setup and diagnostics.
- Go to Information & diagnostics and press OK on Reset.
- Press OK on Reset settings.
- Press OK to validate reset.
At this stage, the Melita Netbox will shut down automatically. The reset process takes approximately 2 minutes. During this process, kindly do not press any keys from the Melita HD remote control as this will potentially get the process stuck.
Once the reset process is complete, the initial start-up interface will prompt you to press OK to begin. Once this step is complete, proceed by following these few simple steps:
Melita Netbox setup process:
1. Select between Widescreen TV and Standard TV by pressing the OK button on the desired option.
2. Enter a new PIN code, confirm the code and proceed by pressing OK.
3. Select the youth signage and press OK.
4. In this step, confirm that the @ sign is coloured green. This indicates the physical connectivity between the modem and your Melita Netbox is fine. Press OK on Next step.
5. Press OK to perform Cable Manual Tuning.
6. Press OK on Use NIT.
7. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and press OK.
8. Congratulations! Your Melita Netbox is ready for use. Press OK to proceed.
Melita Netbox subscribers can also reset the Melita Netbox by pressing and holding the Reset button for at least 10 seconds. The image on the right indicates the location for the Reset button on the Melita Netbox.
If the reset is done using this method, you would need to pair your remote control before proceeding to the initial set-up interface. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the number indicated on the screen. This would be shown in bold between two inverted commas. If you have an IR remote control, skip steps 1 to 4 and just press OK to begin setup.
- If nothing happens, then press 1 and 7 simultaneously for 5 seconds and upon release, press the bold number straight away.
- Press the same number again to confirm the pairing process.
- Great! Your remote control is now paired to your Melita Netbox.
- Press OK to begin setup.
- Proceed by following steps 1 to 8 under Melita Netbox setup process above.
Still have a question? Our community has answers and solutions. Check our Community Forum.